Monday, February 2, 2015

Mamasapano, the President, and the Bangsamoro Basic Law


Joel Tabora, S.J.

The President has called for a day of mourning for those who perished in Mamasapano. When we fly our flags at half mast on Friday, and call upon the God whom we know to be merciful and compassionate, I shall be mourning the deaths of the policemen who died on mission to serve warrants of arrest on known terrorists. But I shall also be mourning the deaths of the members of the MILF and of the BIFF who perished in the same encounter. I shall mourn them, Filipinos all, driven to foolhardy carnage or savage violence by obedience, ignorance, recklessness or fear. In silence, I will pray for peace.
I will also pray that we not be deterred from the path of peace. This has been an arduous path travelled with much sacrifice and pain. But it is the only way of hope.
continue reading.....


No comments: