Friday, March 13, 2009

Mon Tulfo called me last night to tell me who the ‘father and son’ are and who wants him killed. From the way this article is headlined, you can deduce that these are most the powerful people Mon has angered. Don’t you find it shocking that with all the money they are already stealing — they still have to stoop to this level of selling arms to terrorists and fake dollars to an African State? Criminals indeed! — Billy Esposo

On Target
Is this government a crime syndicate?

By Ramon Tulfo
Philippine Daily Inquirer
02/12/2009

Petty rivalry and jealousy among politicians in Sulu are endangering the lives of the kidnapped members of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC).

Vice Gov. Lady Ann Sahidula, who has been negotiating with the Abu Sayyaf kidnappers, is reportedly being accused by another politician of being a coddler.

Sahidula is going out of her way to deal with the kidnappers as a Red Cross official in Sulu.
Why can’t Sulu provincial officials put aside their petty quarrels for the sake of the kidnapping victims?

* * *

Who’s this father-and-son tandem from the Philippines mentioned in a US report that was involved in the sale of fake $100 bills to an African government?

The African government used the fake US dollar bills in the election, according to rumors making the rounds in Metro Manila’s elite circle.

The father-and-son tandem, also according to rumors, was also involved in the sale of US military hardware to the Abu Sayyaf years ago.

How did the father-son team get hold of the US military items when the older man is a civilian?
And who are these people who, rumors say, have a half-a-billion dollar deposit in a European bank?

Where did they get such a huge amount, if the rumors are true?

* * *

If the rumors are true and the military uncovers the identities of the father and son, hell will break loose.

If the rumors are true, the US armaments sold to the Abu Sayyaf are being used against our own soldiers.

That is the height of treason.

In war, people who commit treason are executed.

* * *

Worried friends and relatives have called to ask who were the persons I was alluding to in my column last Tuesday who would want me silenced.

As I’ve said, I already told my lawyer and some close friends the identity of those persons.

I have no reason to doubt the source of the report about the threat to my life since the source is my friend and compadre.

Suffice it to say that the concerned persons are well-placed.

I have instructions that if something untoward happens to me, my lawyer and friends should come out with the identities of the possible suspects.

If the threat is carried out, this government is a crime syndicate.

* * *

No comments: