Monday, January 12, 2009

BREAKING NEWS: GOV. PANLILIO TO RUN FOR PRESIDENT IF GOD WILLS IT

FORMAL STATEMENT OF GOVERNOR ED PANLILIO


I never  had a liking for partisan politics.  Priesthood and pastoral ministry has always been my life for 28 years.  And I love this life.

On the evening of May 18, 2007, I was proclaimed governor of Pampanga.  On that same night I said I would only be in public service for 3 years.  That was my promise and I intend to keep it.

However, we have a saying that goes, “Man proposes, God disposes.”

Hence, if the Good Lord wills me to run for a second term or a higher office, let His will be done.  After all I have stopped living for myself.  My agenda has therefore been to be submissive to His design.

I have been approached by a number of groups prodding me to aspire for the presidency.  I replied  let us make a collective discernment to know whom God really wants for this job.  If we find a person or persons that best embody good governance, effective and ethical leadership, let us support such leaders and make them win.  I too will support them.

I will not volunteer to run.  But if God tells me to run through this collective process, so be it.
I will also come to a personal discernment.  Whatever is the decision that brings peace to my heart, then that must be His will.

Governor Eddie T. Panlilio
Pampanga

No comments: