Thursday, June 14, 2012

Senior Citizen Benefits and Person With Disability Privileges in the Philippines


Every time I go out with my parents, it never fails to impress me how much we get to save on our meal receipts because of their senior citizen benefits.
Moreover, I am also quite happy, with the many discounts and privileges that my deaf and mute friend enjoys, in so many establishments in the city.
Unfortunately, not many senior citizens, and most specially people with disabilities, know their rights and benefits.
That’s why, as a simple public service, I’m sharing with you today some of the senior citizen benefits and special privileges of PWD’s that is mandated by law in the Philippines.
Who is eligible for a Senior Citizen’s ID Card?

One must be a Filipino citizen (dual citizens included), at least 60 years old, and a resident in the city where he or she is applying in for at least 6 months.


continue reading.......

No comments: