Thursday, March 6, 2008

Dear Folks,

Since I posted "To all Filipinos Everywhere" yesterday, I have received several responses claiming that the author was Gemma S. Dimaculangan and not Remedios C. Paningbatan. I checked my previous emails and realized that I have received the same article from several people. Some of them credited Ms. Dimaculangan, one credited the Bishop of Antipolo, and several did not credit an author.

The one I posted yesterday was sent by a regular reader (a different person from the "author") and has the following info, including a telephone number:

Remedios C. Paningbatan
Administrative Officer
Office of the General Counsel
Asian Development Bank

I deleted the telephone number for security reason. However, I did not credit her as the "author" or "by" since I wasn't sure who the real author was.

I posted the one I received yesterday on BALITA-USA and at www.PerryScope.org.

I received another response from a reader saying that the article was written by Ms. Dimaculangan and also gave me a link to a web page of ABS-CBN Online News (3-5-08) which showed the same article but with a different title, "Cry from the heart," and says "by Gemma S. Dimaculangan." The article is not copyrighted.

Below is the article, "Cry from the heart," as it appeared on ABS-CBN Online News. As to who the real author is, I'd leave it for the readers to discern. The link is

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/storypage.aspx?StoryId=111036

Best,
Perry

No comments: